Monday, April 6, 2009

RESURRECTION DAY=QUIT DAY

Somehow I agreed to quit smoking, eat right, and workout (again), all in the same week. Passion Week. Coincidence? Doubt it. I think Jesus had this planned from the beginning. Really, can anyone turn him down this week? Maybe there are the select few or even many, but not me. So, I have chosen my quit date of April 12, 2009, Easter Sunday. This is an incredibly special day for me. I was given the gift of eternal life that day 6 years ago.

Today started with me sipping coffee while savoring a mint flavored Commit Lozenges. ~FYI-NOT THE SAME AS SMOKING~ It was pleasant enough and effective for a few hours. I am a pack a day smoker (20 cigarettes) and my goal today was to only smoke 10. Tomorrow, I'll shoot for 7. I have ordered the book, "The Easy way to Stop Smoking", by Allen Carr and "The South Beach Diet Supercharged". My husband, Mike, has always been a non-smoker so he is super pleased with my decision and very grateful to God for badgering me into it. Especially since cigarettes jumped to over $5.00 a pack and he is the only one working in this family!

Mike does, though, have some issues of his own. The cardiologist visit this afternoon, was an eye-opener for him. So, I am happy to announce, he is on the South Beach Diet too. Our trip to the grocery store was quite comical considering he was clueless on what a carbohydrate is. A lot of pulling "not allowed" foods out of the cart. He is a trooper though and is committed.

Lord, thank you for your patience and grace. I know I am a handful...

No comments:

Post a Comment